New 20km Route
NEW 20KM MILNERTON WALK
After an absence of a number of years, the beautiful West Coast suburb of Milnerton becomes a focal point for the start of the 20km walk. The West Coast has been overlooked for the last few years because of the development to the roads for the My City project which is now complete.
The walk, one of the ten that make up the Discovery Cape Town Big Walk, will prove popular as it boasts spectacular views of Table Mountain, the city bowl, the harbour, the city centre and Table Bay.
The walk starts opposite Woodbridge Island and follows a course along Otto du Plessis, into Marine Road at PaardenIsland on the BRT into town and continues on the same route as the 10km walk to the finish at the St George’s Grammar School.
The full course is listed below.
Route Description 20km:
• Start in Union park at the tennis courts.
• Walkers walk down union road
• Turn Right into Greyton
• Turn left into Otto Du Plessis
• Walkers continue all the way down Otto Du Plessis along the BRT bus lane
• Left at Stephen Johnson cars
• Right into service road parallel to Marine
• Left at PaardenIsland
• Right onto BRT
• At the end of the BRT bus lane turn left into Oswald Pirow
• Continue on Oswald Pirow towards
• Turn Right into Darling
• Continue on the same route as the 10km walkers once at the City Hall